What's A Neon Movie Bunker?
A Neon Movie Bunker is the shining palace, the glittering sparkeling safe space, the citidel of cinema nerds everywhere... The Movie Theater! It's also the name of our podcast. Our Neon Movie Bunker was born in 2006. Upon hearing of the new content delivery system known as "podcasting", John and El'Ahrai launch their first series discussing movies of the day, Top 5 lists on every topic they can think of, and other general buffoonery.
The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 1977. El'Ahrai Stanek and John Robinson first draw breath on Earth (a.k.a. "The planet where they keep the movies"). Also, "Star Wars" and "Annie Hall" come out, which are important. The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 1989, but also 1995. "Batman", released in 1989, had a profound effect on how John perceived movies--for the first time, he understood how film could be art. This marked a major shift for him. El'Ahrai underwent a similar shift in perspective in 1995 with the release of "Se7en". The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 1991. John and El'Ahrai enter high school and meet in Mrs. McCabe's first-period Biology Enriched class. The meeting doesn't set off any alarm bells initially, but good things take time. The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 1996. After an underwhelming college career comes to an abrupt, early end, John reconnects with El'Ahrai and frequent moviegoing (and discussions thereof) becomes a bonding point. The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 1998. With the nearby opening of a 30-screen Gigantoplex, El'Ahrai and John make a game effort to watch every damn thing that they can set their eyes on. The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 2006. Upon hearing of the new content delivery system known as "podcasting", John and El'Ahrai launch The Harvey and Bob Show, their first series discussing movies of the day, Top 5 lists on every topic they can think of, and other general buffoonery. The Harvey and Bob Show runs every week for 11 years, until it was forced to rebrand itself for obvious reasons.
The Neon Movie Bunker was born in 2017. A week later, a new show rises from the ashes of the old. The Neon Movie Bunker offers film reviews, interviews, and two old friends trying to make each other laugh. Give it a listen, won't you?
Who The Heck Are These Guys?
Tweets from Stanek
- RT @NeonMovieBunker : New post: 252. This time he’s coming to a different kind of Neon Movie Bunker… https://t.co/UPjPcFtkYM 23 hours ago
- Part two of my conversation with @UncleCreepy will be featured in this week's episode, along with my thoughts on… https://t.co/aB7nUpqiMo 3 days ago
- Hear the first half of my conversation with Steve "Uncle Creepy" Barton! https://t.co/rD3bIDsDDn 1 week ago
Tweets from Robinson
- @scottEmovienerd The Neon Movie Bunker. At least two reviews every week, home video picks, newsbits, and two old fr… https://t.co/WtT0tosLGn 1 month ago
- RT @IndieWire : ‘Triangle of Sadness’ Wins Palme d’Or at #Cannes https://t.co/k5iHzxEGlU https://t.co/vgAgKKAwth 2 months ago
- RT @bubbaprog : VIA JAPANESE TELEVISION: The uncensored exchange between Will Smith and Chris Rock https://t.co/j0Z184ZyXa 5 months ago